Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday, Day 3 – The Challenge, along with a workout...

Our Invocation:  Can we truly gain something from hunger?  Perhaps we gain an appreciation or an understanding of the situation of those who do not get enough to eat.  Perhaps we acquire sensitivity to those who live at or below the poverty level.  Perhaps we learn how best to relate to our impoverished neighbors and fellow human beings.  May our gains be for good!

This morning I was not as rushed as as I was yesterday, and I decided to go off to the gym to have my usual one hour aerobic workout.  I drank a lot of water before, during, and after the workout: I had more beforehand than I usually do, and I drank a lot more during my workout, more than I normally do.  When I returned home, I had a regular breakfast (usually I would have an abundance of protein to make up for what I had lost during the workou6 and did not have today), made my lunch, and got to the Temple office for my day.

It was a long day in terms of hunger, though I did not feel more hungry than yesterday.  I thought that I might feel even hungrier due to the workout, but so far so good.  It is now 6:45 PM, and I decided to have dinner when I get home at around 8:45 or so.  It’s a long wait…

I noticed yesterday a bit of a shortened patience, more so than usual, and today I notice – physiologically – a few minor aches and pains.  My sleep patterns are not much different from usual, and I feel pretty rested in the mornings.

A debate arose in my office today regarding whether I could have a cup of coffee from our staff-supported coffee maker.  My secretary was very generous, and said I could.  So did our other assistant.  And the coffee was just warm, and did not feed my hunger very much.

1 comment:

  1. Participating in the Food Stamp Challenge didn't stop me from celebrating Valentine's Day with my two sweeties (husband and daughter). Tonight's main dish is a spinach quiche with a lettuce salad. With the extra pie crust, I made a small apple pie. I have been craving something sweet to eat all week and this special treat hit the spot. As we all get very hungry at the end of the day, dinner has been especially appreciated during the challenge week. The Mazur Family

    ReplyDelete